LoRaWAN® covers a very wide range of applications:
- Smart metering: remote meter readings (water, gas, electricity), telemetry
- Smart tracking: tracking objects (logistics, cold chain, etc.)
- Smart city: monitoring air quality, smart parking, street lighting, flood detection, waste management (monitoring how full containers are and optimising collections), etc.
- Smart building: environmental controls (temperature, humidity, CO2, light levels, etc.), alerts (smoke, intrusion, etc.), optimising energy consumption.
- Smart industry: monitoring (vibrations, leaks, etc.), tracking objects and persons, etc.
- Smart agriculture: soil sensors, connected hives, weather stations, monitoring animals, etc.
- Employee site safety: checking Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), health and safety.